Thursday, April 24, 2008

the river of the Holy Spirit

Jesus said, "Whoever believes in me ... streams of living water will flow from within him" (John 7:38). This refers not to water but to the Holy Sprit who, when turned loose in our lives, strengthens, grows, and gives us vibrancy. As we allos the Holy Spirit to proceed from God and grow stronger, deeper, wider, and more persuasive, our spiritual and physical person takes on a new, eternal, and abundant life. Only as we allow the Holy Spirit to flow in our thoughts, emotions, will, desires, dispositions, actions and activities does spiritual transformation take place. Then people can look at us in the midst of tribulation and say, "I think I see the Son of God." Our captors can look in the fiery furnaces and see us walk in confidence as we are accompanied by the fourth man.

I wan God's waters to flow deeply and widely and expansively throughout this being of yours and mine. I want the river of the Holy Spirit to so fill and guide me that I become a remote temple from which a branch of God's river can flow. I pray that God will let the waters flow in me, as I pray you will ask God to let His waters flow in you.

No comments: