Thursday, September 13, 2007

The Courage To Trust

"Lord, You are the light of the world, and I declare You to be Lord over every nation of the earth. I know Your light will always prevail. Establish Your kingdom on earth and help us, Your children, to be a people through whom Your light shines and through whom You touch the world for Your glory. Amen."


COURAGE:
After a long and terrifying captivity, Iranian hostage Gary lee was home. It was a Sunday morning in February 1981, and I joined with others in his father's church to welcome him. Celebration filled the air as joyful voices sang "Amazing Grace." From my seat I noticed the bearded young man smile and shake his head as though in wonder at the miracle of his safe return.

Months earlier, however, he had experienced another miracle. Shortly after his capture, he was allowed to have a Bible and one day he read Isaiah 43:5 "Do not be afraid, for I am with you; I will bring your children from the east and gather you from the west."

"When I read those words," he told his father later, "I felt God was making me a promise. Somehow I knew I would reach home safely. The whole experience became a lot easier after that."

How much lighter trials become when we realize God's grace is twofold. It is not only the happy ending. It is also the peace we can feel during a painful journey, when we trust in God all the way. Amen.


Matt 5:14, 16 - You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden ... Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven

1 comment:

Lizzay said...

http://www.cbox.ws/

CMON, put in a tag board! xD